The True Dangers
Pigs, selfie sticks & sharks, oh my!
Sharks are known as man-eaters. They get all the attention in the news and in the movies.
Heck, they even have a whole week of terror focused on them.
However, did you know more people die from pig attacks or using selfie sticks? Seriously, can you imagine The Discovery Channel giving a whole week of coverage to the dangers of the pig? What about a 5-hour documentary on “Terrors of the Selfie Stick?”
Doesn’t have the same feel does it?
Yes, sharks are big and scary looking…but in reality, they are not a real threat to most people. The attention they receive is misdirected.
In your dental practice, what are your “sharks”? These are the things that seem like they need your attention but in reality, they aren’t an immediate threat.
Are you afraid that if you fire one employee (who NEEDS to GO) it will affect the rest of your business? What about if you are scared to market your practice because you haven’t done before and you are afraid of what ‘someone might think’?
Don’t be a worrywart. Focus on the key things that matter and what is under your control of. Every day, I jot down my 3 most important tasks to grow my business and try forgetting about the rest so it doesn’t distract me.
You need to focus on the 20% that is responsible for your growth, not the remaining 80% static. Don’t focus on the sharks, pay attention to the pigs & selfie sticks and you’ll grow your business.
In this week’s video, you’ll learn:
- Don’t be a worry wart
- Focus on the things you have control of