We all know in the industry that this was a rare event, but that does little to calm patients’ concerns, especially if they were already fearful of the dentist. Patient safety and how we, as the dental industry, handle infection control is now in the forefront of people’s minds.
Watch the video below for the full details and what your role is in this situation.
- Sealed packages on the tray,
- Wrapped cassettes,
- The certification from the spore-testing laboratory prominently framed and displayed in the public areas of your practice just like it was your dental diploma.
- “I’m glad you asked me about this because I want to assure you that in my dental practice, we follow stringent infection control procedures.”
- “As your doctor, I would only delegate procedures to my staff that they are licensed or qualified to perform per state regulations. I care about my patients and your health and safety are my foremost priorities.”
- “Studies show that following proper infection control procedures greatly reduces risk to patients to the point of an extremely remote possibility.”
- “The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have developed special recommendations for use in dental offices and we follow them.”
- “I am a patient of this office, too, just like my friends and family. And I want to make sure you are treated in same safe manner with the highest quality of care as I want for them.”
- All dental staff involved in patient care scrub their hands before each and every patient and use appropriate protective garb such as gloves, masks, gowns and eyewear.
- A new set of gloves and masks are used for each patient.
- Before you enter the examine room, all surfaces, such as the dental chair, instrument tray, dental light, drawer handles and countertops, have been cleaned and decontaminated.
If you haven't gotten your copy yet of the FREE Social Media Posting Calendar, grab it here.
Do You Struggle Sometimes With Trying To Come Up With Ideas Of Good Things To Post To Your Practice’s Facebook Page?
This handy resource is a calendar of ideas to post each day of the week to increase your engagement with patients and attract future prospects to your office…AND IT’S TOTALLY FREE!